Thursday, December 15, 2005

And so it begins . . .

Okay, have you ever seen "Hitch"? It's kind of a chick-flick-ish movie with Wil Smith. Anyways, that is where this whole thing started. In that movie, Wil Smith plays the "Date Doctor" - he helps hopeless guys get the ladies that they have a crush on. One of his techniques is that he "google"s people. Or in other words, he types in their first and last name on a Google search, with a few other key words, in order to do his research on the girl, and find out the best approach. Well, when I saw that, I wondered if it would really work. So I tried it out . . .

There's this girl I have a crush on-- Mary. So, a while back, I decided to "google" mary and see what I could find. And ... I hit the Jackpot! Mary has a blog, which she has used almost like an online-diary. So . . . at first I felt like a stalker a little bit. I felt like I was being invasive . . . but then I thought to myself, "Hey! SHE'S the one who posted this stuff on the internet for anyone to see!" However, I was not at all encouraged by what I found out initially. It just confirmed what Gwen had told me... Mary was dating a guy named Spencer. So, I didn't really feel like I could ask her out knowing that. I didn't check her blog for a while ... but recently, when I checked it, I found a blog where she wrote about a DTR that they had, in which they decided to put things off for a while. So I am still figuring out how to approach this -- as you will read, it is a lot more complicated than just that.

Anyways, that's how I found out about Blogger. And so now, if anyone ever decides to "google" me, maybe they'll find this! But actually, I think I covered my tracks a little bit better than Mary.

And so it be written, and so it be done.

1 comment:

Winter and Wine Markets said...

and now let the excitement of blogging begin!