Now what? Search me.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
I just wanna put this out there. Here are some of the things that just really get under my skin:
- People talking / texting on their cell phones while driving: Look, there's no way to break this to you gently. You SUCK at driving while you're talking on your phone. Yeah, YOU! Anybody. Whenever I'm out driving and someone does something stupid, 9 times out of 10 they are on their cell phone. Don't kid yourself into saying "Some people can't drive while they are on their phones, but it doesn't affect how I drive." I'm here to tell you it does. And not just a little bit. You might ask, "Well then why haven't I ever noticed any difference?" Well my friend, it is because you are distracted. "Then why don't people honk at me?" Believe it or not, they probably do! Heck, I know I do. When some bozo on his/her cell phone cuts me off, or starts going 50mph on the freeway, or any of the other dumb things they do, I definitely lay on the horn. And you know what? Most of the time the person is so oblivious to what's going on around them that they don't even notice. Therefore, don't do it. It is SO dumb.
- The general uncleanliness of public restrooms: Ladies, I don't know what your restrooms are like, but I've gotta imagine they're better than ours. I'm asking my fellow men to help me out on this one. What is it about public bathrooms that make you just say, "Why aim? I think I'll just pee all over the floor." or "Well wouldja look at that? I got poo on the toilet seat. Oh well, not my problem." or "You know, I'm not gonna bother to flush that. I'm just gonna leave that colossal turd here for the next guy." I mean, guys, am I alone here? This situation has gotten out of hand. TP all over the place, paper towels right next to the garbage can. Oh, here's one of my favorites. When the entire counter top is all wet so that when I make incidental contact with it while washing my hands I get a nice soaked spot in a most unfortunate place. Look, I don't know who's doing it -- but if it's you, KNOCK IT OFF!
- Teachers who try to make it impossible to get an 'A' in their class: I don't think I will ever understand this. To me, if no one is able to get an A, that is a pretty clear indication that you aren't a very good teacher. Me, I only want A's. So it's pretty frustrating when I feel like I've done everything I can do, and I don't get one. Last semester in my Financial Accounting class, I aced every quiz, aced the midterm, and got high scores on all of the assignments. Then came the cumulative final. I studied my butt off (well, not literally, although that would have been nice...), and I felt SO prepared. We got 2 hours to take the final. I sat down, opened up my test booklet... and my stomach dropped. Right off the bat, question number one, and I had no idea how to do it. It must be a fluke, I thought -- I'll skip it and come back once I'm warmed up. Question two... aw crap. Question three... seriously? And so on and so forth. Nearly every question was a trick question. She threw in little variables that we had never seen before and things that we had no idea how to deal with. Super lame. I ended up with a C+ in the class, so I must have really tanked on the final. And I was not alone. Pretty much everyone I've talked to from my class had a similar experience. Pretty lame.
- People who ALWAYS have B.O.: Listen, I'm not trying to be rude. Really. But I mean, come on! At what point did these people just decide, "You know what? Screw hygiene." I don't get it. I feel disgusting when I come home from camping after having gone a couple days without a shower. I think some of these people may have literally gone years!
- Cigarette smoke: Hey, speaking of foul smells! Cigarette smoke literally makes me sick to my stomach. It is disgusting. And, I'm not trying to throw out a blanket statement here, but a lot of smokers are pretty inconsiderate. Here in Utah we have a law that states that smoking is prohibited within 25 feet of an entrance to a building. That would be SUCH a great idea if anyone ever actually followed it. Even when there are signs posted reminding people of this law, there's still smokers right outside the door. It makes it so that anyone trying to enter or exit the building has to pass directly through their little cancer cloud. Smokers, do us both a favor and just quit. Yeah? Yeah.
- Certain FaceBook-isms: I hate it when someone posts something to the effect of "I love Jesus. If you love Jesus too, you'll post this to your status. Anyone who doesn't post it either doesn't love Jesus, or is ashamed of their faith in Jesus." I recently saw one that said something like, "If you support our troops, post this to your status..." yadda yadda yadda -- you get the idea. If you've ever posted one of these, I apologize. But just so everyone knows, I am NEVER going to copy and paste your status as my own status. And don't tell me that I don't love Jesus, or that I don't support our troops.