Sunday, August 19, 2007

In the blink of an eye

It's amazing how your life can change so drastically from one minute to the next...

I got a phone call on Wednesday morning from the wife of one of my life-long friends. She told me that Patrick's dad had suffered a heart attack that morning while at work, and he passed away.

Patrick's mom died the year we graduated high school after having suffered for years with cancer.

I just can't even imagine what it must be like. The past couple of days, every time it comes to my mind, I just feel so sad for my friend. I don't think anyone plans on burying both of their parents before the age of 24. Patrick, if you're reading this, I just want you to know how much you impress me. Heavenly Father must really think you're strong -- He wouldn't give you such trials otherwise.

But I guess this just really has me thinking. We never know how much time we, or any of our loved ones, has left. No one thought Jim would be leaving us this soon. I'm very grateful for the knowledge we have of what is to come. What a tremendous help and comfort it is to us at times like these.

No comments: