We had our first training meeting on Saturday morning (which took OVER 3 hours). We're both feeling a little bit overwhelmed with our responsibilites, which include :
- Collecting rent from the other tenants
- Issuing "3-Days to Pay or Vacate" notices to tenants who's rent is later than the 5th (we'll be issuing three of those tonight... aparently it's kind of a big problem at the R.A. apts.)
- Taking calls for maintenance requests and scheduling the maintenance man to come fix things.
- Keeping the property grounds looking nice.
- Listing and filling vacancies
- Preparing vacant apartments to be rented
- Going to the main office at least once a week to pay bills and enter rent checks into their computer system (which happens to be ANCIENT... it's a DOS program if that tells you anything...)
We have other miscellaneous responsibilities as well. I know it sounds like a lot, and truth be told, I had no idea how much would be involved in managing. I just keep telling myself, "It's only 1 year. Free rent! It'll be worth it!!"
We really are counting this as a huge blessing for us. Hopefully we'll be able to handle everything!