Ten years ago, I was 13 years old. I had just started going to Encore Academy, which was a great experience for me. Before that, I was quiet and shy, and not at all outgoing. It gave me a huge boost in my self confidence. Some of my all-time best friends are those I met during the several years I spent in Encore.
2- Five years ago :
I had just graduated from high school. My senior year was a blast -- I watched most of my friends stress about A.P. tests and concurrent enrollment and honors classes. Meanwhile, I coasted through Choir, Seminary, Foods, Teacher Aid, Student Government, and my one "real" class -- Humanities. Sure, I regret not working harder in high school. But on the other hand, I can honestly say that I really had a good time.
Also, I was working at Video II with Guy Watts. And I had also just started dating Kellie Tye.
3- One year ago :
I was anxiously ripping link after link off the countdown chain that hung in my bedroom keeping track of the days until my wedding. I pretty much let her make all the decisions, as I only had an opinion on a couple of things. Those were exciting times. I'm sure glad I found Mary!
4- Yesterday :
Yesterday was Mary's birthday so we took the day off. We woke up around 8:00, and Mary opened her presents. Then we went out to eat at IHOP. One of her presents from me was Season 3 of "The Office" on DVD (which BTW is just about the funniest show ever!), so after breakfast, we came home and watched a few (I think 7...) episodes. Then we got ready for the day and went Mini-Golfing at Boondocks, at Mary's request. We finished off the day with dinner at Restaurante Morelia (some of the best Mexican food out there.)
5- Five Snacks I Enjoy :
- 7-Layer Dip
- Pringles (loaded baked potato...mmm....)
- Moosetracks ice cream
- Training Table cheese fries
- Oreo shakes
6- Five things I would do if I suddenly had $100,000,000 :
- Pay off my credit card
- Get rid of my old crappy cars and buy an Escalade. (and one for pat...)
- Quit my job (not that I don't like it, but...why work?)
- Buy a huge house
- Travel lots
7- Five Locations I Would Like To Run Away To :
- Europe (esp. England and Spain)
- The Caribbean
- Peru (Machu Picchu)
8- Five Bad Habits I Have :
- Bothering my wife to try and get a rise out of her, and then feeling bad when she finally gets mad... (although this one is pretty funny... :D)
- Forgetting important things
- Day dreaming (usually about having super powers... or being rich... or BOTH!)
- Using sarcasm
9- Five Things I Like Doing :
- Watching sports
- Hanging out with people I like
- Eating good food
10- Five TV Shows I Like :
- The Office
11- Five Things I Hate Doing :
- Reading (although, I do enjoy audiobooks...)
- pretending to laugh at my lame supervisor's jokes... lately I just listen to my iPod at work and just pretend I can't hear her talking to me. So far it's working out pretty well.
- Managing apartments
- Paying bills
12- Five Biggest Joys of the Moment :
- Finally getting out of our terrible apartment! (more on this later...)
- Utah won a game (and let's face it... if they hadn't beat USU, well that would have just been rock bottom...)
- Cooler weather -- I'm a fall/winter person.
- Sonic jumbo popcorn chicken